99 Lake Dow Road
McDonough, GA 30252
Tel: (770) 288-6210
Fax: (770) 288-7288
Hours of Operation
Tue-Sat: 7:30am - 4:00pm
7:30am - 11:30am or
12:00pm - 4:00pm
94 Work Camp Road
McDonough, GA 30253
The Community Service Program was
formalized to provide a meaningful restitution program for
offenders who have been mandated by the courts to perform
community service hours for infractions such as DUI, suspended
license, no insurance and various other misdemeanor violations.
The program may offer inmates the opportunity to earn early
release or otherwise offer probationers the opportunity to
pay their debt to society if they are unable to meet the fine
The unity and spirit of cooperation are key ingredients in
the success and effectiveness of the Community Service Program.
The program saves money, works for the offenders, the detention
center, staff, the county departments, and most importantly,
for the citizens of Henry County. This program is proof that
a positive approach to problem solving can truly produce positive
and productive results.
Policies & Information
Workers report to 94 Work Camp Road
to sign up and work in the program. There is no need to make an appointment. Choose the day that you wish to work and report at the start of the session (7:30 am or 12:00 noon). You may work 4 or 8 hours each day. You will be asked to provide the name of your probation officer or assigning agency as well as the number of hours you are required to perform.
- Probationer is responsible for own transportation to/from
Community Service. Transportation to/from the work sites is
provided during the day.
- Probationer is responsible for own lunch.
- The following dress code is enforced: no shorts, tank tops,
tube tops or any other inappropriate attire is permitted.
Proper clothing and shoes for generally outdoor work is recommended.
- Any required safely equipment such as safety vests, protective
eye ware, etc. will be provided.
- This facility is open on cold and rainy days.
- This is a WORK program requiring average physical activities such as walking, bending and lifting (10lbs or less). The following is an example of the types of work that may be performed on this program: Roadside Litter Pickup; janitorial duties, car wash, assistance at the recycling center, grounds maintenance.
- If you cannot perform the duties listed under item number six, then you need to contact your probation officer to find other community service opportunities.
- The above information is general, more specific policies will
be provided by the coordinators or the Director.
- Henry County Community Service provides probationers an opportunity
to satisfy the Court's requirements of mandated community
service work. The probationer will be required to sign forms
of compliance and release of liability on the part of Henry
Last updated: Thursday March 04 2010