Henry County Code Enforcement

Director: Captain Keith Shumate  
Address: 114 S Zack Hinton Pkwy McDonough, GA 30253
Tel: (770) 288-6200 / Fax: (770) 288-6199
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm

The Code Enforcement Division is responsible for enforcing the Codes and Ordinances of the County. Code Enforcement is required to assist other Departments of the County in the prosecution of cases such as violators of the building codes, health ordinances, water ordinances and other violations. Cases made by the Code Enforcement Department are prosecuted in the Magistrate Court of Henry County. If found guilty of a County violation, a person can be sentenced by the Magistrate to pay a fine up to $1000 and serve up to sixty days in the County Jail. Usually the Code Enforcement Department will issue a warning notice to violators giving the violator an opportunity to comply within a set time limit. The summons to court is normally the last resort.



Contact the Early Release Department at (770) 288-6210 as they are responsible for roadside pickup.
Code Enforcement should be called to investigate the dumpsite. If names or evidence leading to the responsible person is found, Code Enforcement will summons the violator to court. You can also call the Littering Hotline at (770) 288-6200.
Property disputes must be handled in civil court. Code Enforcement can address the height or type material used.
Code Enforcement can issue a notice for removal and if they are not removed, the violator can be cited to court.
Loud noises such as radios, and vibrations, even odors can be considered nuisances. Call Code Enforcement at (770) 288-6200 and a notice to correct the problem can be issued and if not, violator cited to court. For animal loudness issues call Animal Control at (770) 288-7387.
In some cases it is not necessary but in some cases such as nuisance complaints, it is necessary. In nuisance situations, the complainant must testify in court to help prove the case.
Please contact the Police, the police has jurisdiction in the public streets.
Call Code Enforcement and we can determine if it is legal, depending on the zoning.
You should call Code Enforcement to have an inspection made to determine if a fence is required. Some above ground pools do not require a fence, however, all in-ground pools must be enclosed by a security fence.
Call Code Enforcement and we can check the zoning and acreage to determine if the farm animals are legal. If they are there illegally, then the appropriate steps will be taken to get them removed.
See Click Fix - Reporting

SeeClickFix Banner Apple App Store Logo

Google Play Logo