Recycling Items Accepted
We no longer accept plastics #3, 4, 5, and 7, which includes such items as yogurt and margarine tubs, cooking oil bottles, PVC pipes, plastic shower curtains and other plastics.
Accepted Items must be separated as follows:
- Clear glass
- Brown glass
- Green glass
- Plastics #1, such as juice, soda and water bottles
- Plastics #2 such as milk jugs and liquid detergent bottles
- Office paper
- Newspaper and magazines
- Acid-based batteries, such as those from a car or lawnmower
- Motor oil
- Residential cooking oil
- Scrap metal, such as appliances, lawn mowers and tin cans
- Please see the Recycle Center attendant for assistance with Yard waste
- Live Christmas Trees
The Recycling Center will also take appliances, such as washers, dryers and any appliance where scrap metal can be salvaged, all free of charge. However, the facility is strictly a recycling center and will no longer accept any trash, bulk items that can’t be recycled, or tires.
As of November 4, 2013, our hours have changed from Monday-Friday 8:00-7:00 to Monday-Friday 8:00-6:00. Saturdays remain 8:00-2:00.